Al2O3 Single Crystal Sapphire Fiber 25um 100um Loss 1.59dB/m Extension 3300 MPa
Sapphire fiber is a kind of optical fiber made of transparent sapphire material. An optical fiber is a thin, soft material used to transmit light signals, which can be transmitted by means of reflection and refraction within it. Sapphire fiber uses sapphire as the optical guide core material, which has certain special properties and advantages. It has excellent light loss rate and extension. Sapphire fiber uses the characteristics of high refractive index and low loss of sapphire to effectively transmit optical signals, with high optical transmission efficiency and small signal attenuation.
- High transparency: Sapphire is a gem material with extremely high transparency, which can effectively transmit light signals in the visible and near-infrared light ranges.
- High refractive index: Sapphire has a high refractive index, so that the light signal can be effectively reflected and transmitted inside the fiber, reducing signal attenuation.
- Low loss: The material of sapphire fiber itself has a low light loss, can maintain the high quality of signal transmission, and reduce signal attenuation in long-distance transmission.
- High temperature performance: Sapphire has good high temperature stability, can maintain the stability of optical performance in high temperature environment, and has advantages for some high temperature application scenarios.
- High strength and corrosion resistance: Sapphire is a very hard and corrosion-resistant material with high mechanical strength and chemical stability, capable of long-term stable operation in harsh environments.
Sapphire fiber has high transparency in the visible and near-infrared light range, and is generally suitable for the wave length range of 200 nm to 5500 nm.The optical loss of sapphire fiber is usually low, generally in the range of 0.1 to 1 dB/m. This means that during the transmission of the signal, the optical signal loses 0.1 to 1 dB of energy for every meter of distance transmitted.The diameter of sapphire fiber can vary according to the specific application needs, generally between a few microns to tens of microns. Optical fibers typically contain an external cladding that protects the core of the fiber and provides mechanical strength support.
|Strength of extension
sapphire, YAG, LuAG, MgA1,04
- Laser: Sapphire fiber can be used as the output channel of the laser, transmitting the laser energy from the laser to the target position. It can withstand high energy density and high temperatures in high power laser systems.
- Optical communication: Sapphire fiber can be applied in optical communication systems for high-speed data transmission. Because sapphire fiber has low optical loss and high transmission efficiency, it can support long distance and high capacity optical communication.
- Optical sensing: Sapphire fiber has a wide range of applications in the field of optical sensing. It can be used to manufacture various types of optical sensors, such as temperature sensors, pressure sensors, spectral sensors, etc. The high temperature stability and low loss characteristics of sapphire fiber make it suitable for high-precision and high-sensitivity optical sensing applications.
- Scientific research: Sapphire fiber plays an important role in scientific research. It can be used for optical experiments and research in the laboratory, such as spectral analysis, Raman spectroscopy, laser beam transmission, etc.